Some Christmas Quotes to Ponder
This is a very small Christmas gift from me to each and everyone in the Poetfreak family.
1. Christmas gift suggestions: to your enemy, forgiveness. To an opponent, tolerance. To a friend, your heart. To a customer, service. To all, charity. To every child, a good example. To yourself, respect.
- Oren Arnold
2. Christmas is love in action. Every time we love, every time we give, it's Christmas. - Dale Evans
3. It is not the gift, but the thought that counts. - Henry Van Dyke
4. From home to home, and heart to heart, from one place to another
the warmth and joy of Christmas, brings us closer to each other.
- Emily Matthews
5. Christmas is a season for kindling the fire for hospitality in the hall, the genial flame of charity in the heart. - Washington Irving
1. Christmas waves a magic wand over this world, and behold, everything is softer and more beautiful.
- Norman Vincent Peale
2. Never worry about the size of your Christmas tree. In the eyes of children, they are all 30 feet tall.
- Larry Wilde, The Merry Book of Christmas
3. He who has not Christmas in his heart will never find it under a tree.
- Roy L. Smith
4. Christmas is a necessity. There has to be at least one day of the year to remind us that we're here for something else besides ourselves.
- Eric Sevareid
5. Our hearts grow tender with childhood memories and love of kindred, and we are better throughout the year for having, in spirit, become a child again at Christmas-time.
- Laura Ingalls Wilder
1. A good conscience is a continual Christmas.
- Benjamin Franklin
2. Christmas is a time when kids tell Santa what they want and adults pay for it. Deficits are when adults tell the government what they want - and their kids pay for it.
- Richard Lamm
3. Christmas is the day that holds all time together.
- Alexander Smith
4. I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year.
- Charles Dickens
5. I once bought my kids a set of batteries for Christmas with a note on it saying, toys not included.
- Bernard Manning
A Merry Christmas & A Very Happy and Peaceful New Year to each and every member of this wonderful Poetfreak family.
21/12/2011, 3:20 pm